Lights are now intelligent enough
to recognize our voices and assist us in better managing our work, stress, and
sleep. The improved efficiency of LEDs is perhaps the most beneficial
improvement in lighting. As compared to incandescent bulbs, today’s
high-quality LEDs provide incredible energy savings – nearly 90% – but that’s
just the beginning. LED lighting systems have become one of the most
favored lighting systems in the world as a result of technical advances in the
With smaller sizes, increased
intensity, and a wide range of colors, LEDs are also leading a lighting
revolution. Each of these developments opens up new possibilities for
illuminating your home, making now the ideal time to reconsider your home’s
1. Smaller in size
- LEDs can be as tiny as
a drug, allowing us to light our homes more elegantly and precisely than ever
before. LED strips can be tucked away in cabinets, panellings, shelves, drawers,
desk, wardrobe rods, and everywhere else. Instead of trying to fill a room with
a large wash of light that often creates reflection, we can direct light where
it is required. Ex: Tv unit, Study table
- Because of the tiny size of today’s LEDs, adding cove light
to home is now simpler than ever. A few strips of LED lights tucked into a
ceiling cove will turn up the drama of a modern ceiling element.
- Another result is smaller recessed downlights. Instead of the
CFL bulbs of the past, you can now get anything you need from a combination of
less than two-inch panel lights. Many homeowners like to have a less cluttered
2.Brighter in light
- Although LEDs have decreased in size, their brightness has been
increased. They can produce usable light in new ways due to their small size
and high brightness.
- When positioned delicately between upper cabinets, under brighter
LEDs will provide all the light we need on Kitchen countertops. This will
almost eliminate shadows on the counter, making it a much better and safer
3. Is it true that LED lights are environmentally friendly?
- LED lights have a long life cycle, so they are less of waste
material in the long run, they survive a minimum of 3 years according to which
types of light it is and which brand are you using.
- Unlike traditional lighting systems, LED lights run more than
80% than the other.
- LED lights produce only a small amount of heat than the other
- LED bulbs run at a low voltage, which means they use less
power than traditional lighting systems. As a result, these lights contribute
to a lower carbon footprint which is better for our future.
4. A wider color scheme is available.
LEDs can be blended to turn into virtually any color with a
simple push of a remote button or by your smartphones. Red, green,
blue, white, yellow, and orange. LEDs combine to produce a rainbow of
colors that can be used to set the mood for a fancy evening or can be switched
to your favourite IPL team’s color for the big match.
Although colored LED lights can seem to be an innovation,
choosing the right color “temperature” for daily lighting may make a
Is LED dangerous for
- Blue light interferes with our body’s ability to produce
melatonin, from this you can get various sleep disorders. Our body’s clock goes
out of sync when this mechanism is interrupted.
- Many studies have indicated that blue light produced by our LED
light, smartphones, and computers is disruptive because its visible light
instructs our brain to remain alert.
- Another disadvantage of LED lights is that, unlike other
lighting systems, they do not emit light everywhere around them, but rather
focused light in a single direction, which can cause eye strain.
How to ensure the safety
of LED lights?
- Purchase products that are genuine in terms of coverage. It’s
best to stick with well-known LED light brands.
- Choose lights with a warmer color temperature of 2400 to 3000
K (kelvin) – the higher the K value, the cooler (and bluer) the light will be.
Blue rays, which are present in cool white LED lamps, should be avoided.
- Avoid looking directly into the high-intensity LED light
source to avoid damage.
- LED lights, like most systems, have advantages and
disadvantages. The aim is to be aware of how they can impact our lives in
In today’s generation some of them still use CFL bulbs, and
tube lights they should update their lighting in LED because it not only saves
their money but reduces the carbon footprint which is good for our future.